Friday, March 5, 2010

Reply from Chipotle

Yes, yes, I actually sent my "Dear Chipotle" post to Chipotle via the customer feedback portion of their website.  And you know what?

They responded with the BEST E-MAIL EVER!

They have a sense of humor at Chipotle, and they must have really liked my feedback because the girl who responded totally CCed like 10 people on the reply.  Sadly, they won't be opening a Chipotle in Australia anytime soon, but I like to think that I've at least planted the seed.  We'll see what happens.  Anyway, here in its entirety is the response from the lovely Chipotle:

Dear Phill,

We are doing great. Thanks for asking. It sounds like things are going pretty well down under as well, sans the lack of utterly delicious burritos. I'm sorry to hear you've been missing us. I have to say two months is a pretty long time and I can definitely sympathize. I wish I could be of more immediate help, but we don't have any official plans for Australia at this time. However, I'll be sure to pass along your plight to our real estate team so they can give it some thought.

In the meantime, since it has finally begin to melt the snow around here, we'll remain envious of your tan. It's sloppy and still pretty cold, so you definitely have us on that one. But, we can warm up with a nice burrito so I guess we can call it even.

As for your burrito, you have excellent taste in toppings. It's my exact order except I usually opt for the pinto beans. Everything else is exactly the same. But I digress... Unfortunately, as much as we'd like to, we just can't mail you a burrito. It's kind of a health code thing. Since we can't follow it's progress across the sea, we can't guarantee that it'll get to you intact and safe to eat.

At any rate, I hope this note finds you doing well and I hope if your travels bring you back to the States you'll drop in and see us. While we are doing well, we do miss you and we'd love to see you again.

Sincerely,

Shannon
Chipotle Mexican Grill

Since they couldn't actually send me a burrito, they should have at least sent me a coupon for a free one for my next visit to the States.  But they actually did respond (what corporation does that?!?!?), so I won't hold it against them.


3 comments:

  1. while I still maintain that Chipotle is not real mexican food, I say bravo.

    and I am sad for your burrito deprivation.

    ReplyDelete
  2. No coupon? The Jew in you should complain until you get one!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is HILARIOUS! Awesome that you totally sent it to the company too! And that they replied!

    ReplyDelete