Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Shitty Umbrellas - Part 2

It’s been over a year since I blogged about shitty umbrellas (http://phillipdavid.blogspot.com.au/2011/12/shitty-umbrellas.html), and while the topic doesn’t necessarily warrant a second posting, this past weekend’s extremely rainy and windy weather has inspired me to go for round two.  Once again, Sydney turned into an umbrella graveyard, and I went in armed with my iPhone camera.  So, without further ado, I present to you this weekend with umbrellas of Sydney:

The Inside-the-Lobby Umbrella


The Umbrella in the Recycling


The Bus Stop Umbrella


The Rubbish Bin Umbrella


The Footpath Umbrella


The Abstract Art Umbrella


Saturday night.  12:30am.  I was heading home from a friend’s birthday drinks in Potts Point.  There was thunder and lightning.  Bad thunder and lightning.  I had no money left for a taxi.  Being only a 15 minute walk back to my house, I decided to brave the elements.  I was armed with my trusty Hammacher Schlemmer windbrella from New York.  It’s a fancy umbrella, and it never fails me.  But tonight, this dreadful night, the wind was just too strong a force to be reckoned with.  My super durable windbrella became disfigured somewhere along William Street.  Metal parts bent, I was unable to close the umbrella upon arrival at my apartment.  Needless to say, the rest of my night and the entire next day were completely ruined.

This is the biggest tragedy since the Hindenburg disaster.


1 comment:

  1. that's hilarious. I can totally relate. (I don't agree with your post about the Sydney birds though... they're incredible!)

    -an American in Sydney

    ReplyDelete